Friday, February 3, 2012

Diaper Bag

I love this diaper bag! It's huge, has tons of pockets and actually holds all baby's and my things very easily. This tutorial isn't for the beginner but looks much more daunting than it really is. Once you get through it once it seems easy. I fully intend on making another one down the road! 

Inside: Divider and lots of pockets.
  I used quilting fabric (from JoAnn's) instead of home decor like the tutorial calls for and just used extra interfacing to make the fabric hold it's shape better. But do make sure you get extra of any fabric that is directional. This is something that any experienced seamstress knows! But this girl in her, at the time, 8 months pregnant brain completely forgot. *facepalm* So I did have to get creative and switch out what pieces I did in what fabric. But personally I think it turned out amazing despite.

2 comments:

  1. Your bag looks awesome. I have been trying to get this pattern, but it seems the website has removed it. Do you have an electronic copy of the pattern that you would share?

    gwen.plummer7@gmail.com

    Thank you,
    Gwen -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Sorry it took me so long to reply. But I was able to get to the page fine. Here's the link again. If you have troubles again let me know and I'll get you a copy. http://www.warehousefabricsinc.com/blog/diaper-bag-with-a-divider/

      Delete