Monday, September 12, 2011

Wedding Quilts

Okay, this is a extremely overdue post! But I just have to show off the quilts that my mom and my aunt made for my husband's and my wedding.... which was over a year ago! But to be fair my mom didn't finish hers till this last winter.

Mom's Quilt:

My mom made this quilt out of a bunch of my husband's and my old jeans. And yes, it's very wrinkled. But it's super heavy so it's been folded up in the closest all summer and there was no way I was gonna try to iron it.



I love how she used the pockets!


She even embroidered our names and our wedding date!


My mom is awesome about details. See this yarn. This yarn was leftover yarn that we used on our favors.


And she did this whole quilt without a pattern! My mom is just awesome!


Aunt Donna's Quilt:


Now this quilt is just so pretty! I love the colors and fabrics she choose.

 

See the leaves in the quilting? They are throughout the whole quilt and in the center of each wheel. My aunt said she was so thrilled that the lady who did the quilting did that, and I love it to!


And she's made one of these quilts for each of her nieces that have gotten married (no nephews have gotten married yet)! And there have been several of us! I hope I can do something this awesome for any nieces and nephews I have! But I'm also assuming I'm going to have far fewer nieces and nephews concidering there are 6 kids in my mom's family and I only have 2 sisters and my hubby only has just the 1 sister.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment