Friday, September 9, 2011

Baby Mobile

First it's fabric show off time!!!!



I love them! Don't you? I found this fat quarter bundle at JoAnn's and knew I had to have it for baby! The colors fit in perfectly with our theme and it's just the right amount of girly that I love it and the hubby doesn't feel like puking from girly overload.

What's our nursery theme you ask? Oh that's right I haven't mentioned it yet, have I? Well it was a fierce battle between my husband and I and the winner was........... my hubby. I let him win this once, with the stipulation that for the next baby I get my Dr. Seuss nursery. This dear little one gets Where The Wild Things Are, my hubby's favorite children's book! Still so much fun and I'm looking forward to making all sorts of stuffed monsters.



Remember last week when I mentioned the mobile I wanted to make. Well here it is!



I decided to not paint the beads like stated in the tutorial. I think they look quite good unpainted and I think the multicolored beads make it a bit more visually stimulating for baby.

And yes, it's hanging from the side of lamp. I didn't have a good place to hang it up and I wasn't gonna try to get it hung from the ceiling since my hubby and I are moving in a few months. But doesn't that fabric just look awesome with this? I can't wait to see how the nursery ends up turning out.

And a thank you to Jaime of Sew She Sews for sharing the awesome tutorial with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! Thanks so much for sharing! I hope you will share it with the flickr group too.

    ReplyDelete