Saturday, August 27, 2011

Maternity Renaissance Dress


This dress is coming along so nicely, but I've got so much I need to do still! The chemise, detachable sleeves and all the trims and adornments that will really make this dress amazing! I was planning on having it wearable come next weekend for a renaissance faire but there was major communication breakdown between the former entertainment directer and the brand new one and the royalty group I travel with got the raw end of the deal and aren't playing the royalty! So this dress is getting put on the back burners for a second time! *sad face* But not all hope is lost for this dress. I for sure get to wear it the end of October! But now I'm going to be at a different faire selling CD's for my awesomely talented husband and the Scoundrels he sings with (I guess they are pretty good to... ok they're awesomely talented to!). So I have to get to work on the maternity stuff for that.

Here's a close up of those pleats. A lot of work, but they look amazing! And don't you love the pink on pink? I just love it! And I'm nearly positive it's 100% cotton fabric and I got for only $2 a yard! You can't get much better than that!


And the trim! Leftovers from another dress I made! Just the perfect amount to, I only have 2" left


And the beefy hook and eyes for front closer. I'm going to put a frog on as well but I know I'm going to need more than one poor little frog trying to keep all that dress together in the front. Just hope these do the trick!

Note to self: Time to repaint fingernails!


And what else have I been working on? Christmas gift making! What am I working on now? One of the only things you can make fuddy duddy penny pinching dutch grandparents that only like useful things and don't need anything for around the house since they keep everything until it falls apart. (I say that will all the love in my heart! It's just who they are. I wouldn't change them for the world!) Socks!



As you can see I've just gotten started on Grandpa's. But don't you love the colors! I have a feeling I'm going to have troubles letting go of the pair for grandma! Such pretty colors! And grandma and grandpa would be so proud, I got the yarn on clearance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment