Wednesday, August 3, 2011

4 months!... Really?

So it's been nearly 4 months since my last post! EEEK! What a bad blogger I am! But what a busy and exciting 4 months it has been! So lets start at the beginning.....

April and May: I spent April in on mass sewing mode getting ready for the start of my husbands and my Renaissance Faire Season! And at the end of April we started our 8 out of 10 weekends of Faires! Gone on the weekends and sewing during the week. What fun it was but talk about exhausting. Speaking of exhausting....

May, not so exhausting part: May 1st was my husband's and my 1 year wedding anniversary! Yay! One year done, another 50+ to go. But look at what he got me!  

He got me Syphillis, Mono and a White Blood Cell to fight them off. Aren't they cute! They are Giant Microbes! They are on ThinkGeek.com. And my husband bought me the book "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", which I've just finally started reading. And if you are wondering, yes my husband and I are geeks!

May, the exhausting part: Aside from the nonstop traveling and sewing I had something else tiring me out all month. On May 24th my husband and I found out I'm pregnant! It wasn't planned, I was on the pill and until both the lines turned pink I swore up and down that I wasn't pregnant and it was just stress! Hahaha, the joke was on me! After a few hours of shock my husband and I got super excited. We wanted kids we were just planning on waiting a few more years. But now we wouldn't change a thing! 

June: The day before I found out I was pregnant I started getting all day  nausea... And it stayed and the exhaustion got worse. Way worse. I managed to make it through our last two weekends of faire mostly unscathed beyond a sore foot from a bench falling on it. And for most of the month I took the great liberty of doing not much more than sleeping, eating, going to the bathroom and watching movies. But midway though the month my husband and I went to our first Dr's appointment and we had a sonogram and got to see our little 9 week old gummy bear and it's heartbeat! It's amazing just how real that little picture made things!

July: I finally started having some more energetic days and my all day nausea was now just evening nausea. And it was just in time for me to actually enjoy our 4th of July weekend at my parents house! Where my already showing baby bump just made my family gitty. My parents are so excited for their first grand baby and both of my sisters are super excited for their first niece or nephew. And my dog Jack Jack, whom has been staying with my parents since we moved, finally came home with us. And we brought home one of the kittens that one of my parent's momma cats had. His name is Puck. I'm so happy to finally have fuzzy babies at home with us again!

August (aka:now): As of today I'm 16 weeks pregnant! And yes, relief has come! The nausea is finally gone and I'm getting my energy back! I finally feel like a real person again! YAY! And even more exciting news; I've started feeling the baby move. In fact little one is wiggling about right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment