Friday, January 7, 2011

Easy Triangle Shawl

I got this beautiful  purple colored Lion Brand Homespun yarn for Christmas and I knew I wanted to make a shawl with it. I happened to have gray that had been sitting in my stash mocking me for some time now, and the colors work beautifully together. It was a simple pattern, I started it Tuesday afternoon and finished it last night.




It is amazingly warm and cozy. And since I've been battling a nasty cold this week and have spent much time in bed or lounged on the couch it's been great welcome today to have something to keep me nice and toasty when I'm up and about and not cuddled under my fluffy blankets.

I made 2 little changes to the pattern beyond the stripes. Firstly, instead of using size 13 needles I used 9 to get a denser knit and a smaller shawl. Secondly, instead of the crocheted edge, after the last pattern repeat (ending with the knit row on the WS/ row 12) I knit 2 more rows (garter stitch) and bound off.

Pattern: Lion Brand Easy Triangle Shawl 60301

1 comment: